One thing everyone here at The Daily Tea agrees on is that tea and cupcakes share a special connection. Anyway that we can bring these two amazing treats together is top priority. Don’t forget about the Vanilla Chai Buttercream Frosting recipes we recently posted! Now get baking!
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons water
- Mix all ingredients until fully combined.
- Pipe thin long lines (I used Wilton tip #4) onto parchment paper. Don’t worry about the lines being perfect – you’ll be breaking them up later. If you don’t have a pastry tip, you can just cut a tiny hole in the corner of a sandwich bag.
- Leave the sprinkles out to dry overnight.
- Break the sprinkles up into sprinkle-sized pieces. You could use a knife for this, but it’s just as easy to use your hands. They break up really easily.